1. How do I sign up for mobile banking and mobile deposit?
First you must be signed up for online banking, and then all you have to do is download the app GuarantyBank and proceed from there. Your account must be open for 30 days before mobile deposit is available to you.
2. How do I endorse the back of my check for mobile deposit?
You should sign the back of your check with the following endorsement:
“For Mobile Deposit Only”
Your Account Number
3. How will I know if Guaranty Bank received my deposit?
You will receive a notification by email when your deposit has been received.
4. How will I know if Guaranty Bank processed my deposit?
When your deposit is processed, you will receive a second email notification on the status of your deposit. This email will indicate if the deposit was approved or declined for processing. If declined, a reason will be provided.
5. I took pictures and put in the amount, account number and email address, but it will not allow me to continue.
When taking pictures of the check to be deposited, the program will show you an image of the check; if it looks okay, click the checkmark and the image is accepted. If you click the return button instead of the checkmark, it will not allow you to continue. You should take pictures of the check again, clicking the checkmark, and it should allow you to continue.
6. What do I do with the check once the mobile deposit is credited to the account?
For security purposes, we recommend that you write “Electronically Presented” or “VOID” on the check after the deposit is approved. Also, please store your check in a secure location for a period of time between 14 and 30 days.
Sometimes it is necessary for the bank to request an additional image of the check if the Federal Reserve Bank does not accept the image provided. This happens in cases where some of the pertinent information is not readable or is excluded. After 14 days, it is safe for you to destroy the check. And to prevent the check from being lost or stolen and falling into the wrong hands, we recommend that you destroy the check prior to 30 days after deposit approval.
7. When will my deposit post to my account and show in my balance?
Mobile deposit cutoff time is 4:00 PM. Approved deposits will be available the next business day unless a hold is placed on the funds.
8. Is there a fee for mobile deposits?
There is NO fee for mobile deposits.
9. Are there limits on the deposit amount I can submit through mobile deposit?
Yes, the daily limit is $1500 per check. Additional limits may apply. You may contact your local branch for details.
10. Do I have to have an iPhone to be able to use mobile deposit?
Mobile deposit is an option within our mobile banking and can be transacted on iPads, as well as IOS and Android phones. The app is available in the AppStore for iPhones and iPads and in Google Play, the market for android phones.
11. Can I have mobile deposit for my business?
Mobile deposit is available for personal/consumer accounts only. We have Remote Deposit Capture that will accommodate business customers.
12. Can I change the email address designated for receiving receipts?
Yes, just type in the address where you want the receipts emailed.
13. How will my mobile deposit show on my bank statement?
There will be an image in the statement denoting Deposit2Go, with the account name (from Online Banking) and the amount.
14. What should I do if my deposit is rejected?
If the deposit was rejected because of the endorsement or bad image, this can be corrected and the check can be resubmitted for mobile deposit. If your check is declined for other reasons than endorsement, please contact your local branch
15. What if I submit the same check twice in error?
If the same check is submitted twice, it will be identified and stopped by our process. Should this occur, you will receive a declined deposit notification for the second deposit received through mobile deposit.
16. Can I split my check and mobile deposit between two (2) different accounts?
Mobile deposit will only accept a deposit in one account. You may deposit the whole check to one account then transfer to the other account.
17. Non-personal account numbers in your online banking will not show as a choice for accounts eligible to receive your mobile deposit.
18. Checks made payable to two (2) or more persons with or (John or Jane) can be accepted for mobile deposit. Checks made payable to two (2) or more persons with and (John and Jane) will NOT be accepted for mobile deposit.